Friday, December 17, 2010

Week 3 again!

Hey everyone,

Week 3's almost over and we'll all be going on winter break for a couple weeks, but we were able to complete the tasks that we wanted to have finished before we left (mentioned last week by Alex).

We now have some simple applications that will allow the people who volunteer for our usability tests to experiment with different formats of zooming, and with different UI elements.  We've also been reading up on how to conduct usability tests and looking for information on any other visual impairment usability tests that have been done.

When we get back from break we will hopefully be able to start conducting usability tests during January and February.  The professor that is working with us teaches usability courses and has conducted usability tests before so she will also be able to give us guidance as we begin the process, since none of us students have done it before. 

I've actually been considering having usability be my application domain, so I was planning on starting to take usability courses during the spring.  I wish that I could have synced them up with the start of our usability testing for the project, but I had to get several other courses out of the way first. I'm glad that I will be able to go into the usability classes already having a background with usability testing. During one of my software engineering classes the professor started talking about accessibility and it made me kind of excited because I already knew about it and could answer questions =)

 ~Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment